Statistics That Might Make You Think….
If you don’t think you need a mobile-friendly website, or it’s simply not a high priority for you or, maybe you just assume that your target audience use their desktops or laptops to conduct business? Think again. The statistics below tell a whole different story.
- There are over 1 billion Smartphone users worldwide and about half of these users are between the ages of 25-45. This is the main business demographic.
- 25%of all mobile users in the USA use mobile almost exclusively –no desktops or laptops. The UK will unquestionably follow….
- Mobile searches have quadrupled since 2010.
- In 2013, more than 84% of people will use their Smartphones or tablet devices to access the internet rather than their PCs.
- There will be one mobile device for every person on Earth by 2015. (Sources: Gartner, 2010; Google Mobile Optimization Webinar, 2011; Cisco, 2011)
- At the end of 2012, 72.8 million people were mobile shoppers.
- 50% of all internet searches for local products and services are done with mobile devices. (Source – eMarketer)
It seems that your potential customers are already mobile. Are you?
Mobile adaptive sites are designed for use on both traditional devices such as desktops and laptops but adapt for use on the smaller screen.
It’s vital that your business website is mobile friendly. Websites that are not optimised for mobile devices look terrible when viewed on a Smartphone or tablet. And that means that when a customer looks at the website on their phone they will have a bad experience and move on to a site that works better on their mobile device. If your website doesn’t look as it should on Smartphone or tablets then you are potentially losing customers. A mobile-friendly site can help your business connect with customers and increase sales.
Still not convinced? Here are some more benefits of going mobile adaptive…
Faster Download Speed - When people are out and about they don’t want to wait for a website to load. With a mobile-friendly website, the download is faster.
Better User Experience – If a website looks good, loads quickly and gives the user the information they need then they’ll come back again and probably spread the word too!
Competition – By going mobile adaptive, your website, and therefore your business, is at the cutting edge, changing with the times and technologically ahead. This sends a strong signal to both your customers and your competition.
Improved Search Results - Having a mobile adaptive website gives you a secondary opportunity to offer targeted, useful content for the search engines to rank your business website. Search engines now have separate rankings for mobile and desktop search results. By having an effective mobile website, you improve your search engine rankings.
Reach - Customers can browse your site absolutely anywhere, giving you a fantastic opportunity to connect with your audience at all times.